The SSK Signs team recently had the pleasure of welcoming LMC Healthcare (LMC) to our client family! LMC is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology, and metabolism. The company comprises more than 50 Endocrinologists - many of whom are nationally renowned for their expertise – and their team is growing rapidly.
With 11 multi-disciplinary centres of excellence and 19 clinical research sites, LMC’s reach spans four provinces (Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec). Due to their national footprint and swift growth, LMC approached SSK Signs with a unique signage challenge.
The company was rapidly scaling across Canada, but signage guidelines weren’t yet in place. Our challenge was to design and implement indoor signs, outdoor signs, and window graphics for LMC’s unique and visually attractive locations across Canada. We needed to deliver on tight timeframes and keep pace with LMC’s growth curve.
A National Challenge
One of our key directives was adhering to a diverse set of local by-laws, property management guidelines, and language requirements. In this capacity, SSK Signs acted not only as a sign supplier but as their trusted signage partner, helping LMC:
- Meet budget requirements for each location.
- Deliver on multiple timeframes, with varying deadlines.
- Proudly display branding and promote a sense of unity across the country.
- Allow flexibility to accommodate the unique size, style, and scope of each LMC office.
- Adhere to all guidelines and requirements, including Québec language law.
We first met with LMC’s project manager, who helped us understand the company’s signage objectives, expectations and deadlines. Next, SSK Signs arranged site surveys – a critically important step! Through the surveys, we learned about daily operations, patient and associate traffic, and internal communication needs.
After the assessment, we presented and adjusted design options. Our designs considered factors such as: sign type; sign colours; dimensions and proportions; and sign installation methods. Upon design approval, SSK Signs created site-specific iterations of the signage for each LMC location, and efficiently coordinated installation across the country.
Since completing the project, we’ve asked for feedback on LMC’s new business signs. They described these benefits:
- Time savings and peace of mind as LMC continues expanding.
- Consistent and attractive branding for all locations.
- Improved visibility and awareness for customers.
- Heightened employee morale and sense of unity.