Why Acrylic Signs Are the Best for Your Business
Anything you see around you that sends out a message is a sign. When it comes to your business, however, you cannot simply settle for anything less than the best, especially if we’re talking about business signs. After all, using signs for businesses is your way of communicating your brand and message to customers.
Both indoor and outdoor signs play a crucial role in your branding and in getting your message across to your target audience, but they have different functionalities. Indoor signs, for instance, are designed to complement all your other outdoor signs and reinforce your brand. For this reason, corporate leaders and seasoned business owners invest both time and resources in coming up with a magnificent lobby sign to help usher their customers in. One of the most popular indoor signs for businesses right now are acrylic signs and in this article, you will learn how you can make use of this type of signage material to improve your business and potentially increase sales.
Why the Great Industry Leaders Choose Acrylic Plastic Signs
Well-Planned indoor signage has the ability to give business owners the opportunity to build customer rapport and make an impression, announce upcoming products, current offers, and other events that drive in sales. From the lobby sign that greets customers as they walk into your building or office to the directional signs, every single detail has to be carefully considered and designed to achieve the purpose you have in mind.
Seasoned business owners have made use of acrylic signs for years and it’s easy to see why. Below are the major reasons this material is becoming everyone's favourite.
Some big hotels and restaurants have these really expensive-looking signs secured on the wall by shiny metallic studs in their reception areas, but before you let looks deceive you and think its glass, take another closer look and you’ll see that it’s actually made of plastic. And no, they’re not expensive. They are actually relatively inexpensive for the sophisticated look and aesthetic values they possess. Additionally, compared to glass, they are shatter-resistant making them an ideal choice for a busy office environment.
If you are keen on giving your brand that high-tech, contemporary look that’s sure to wow customers, consider investing in an acrylic plastic lobby sign. This versatile material is highly-customizable; you can have it come in a variety of colors to complement your interiors. If you want, you can even have some metallic overlay added for that added appeal.
Plastic acrylic signs don't just end in lobbies though. You can use them for your entire indoor signage.
Popular Uses of Acrylic Signs
- Directional signs
- Menu boards in
- Restaurant signs
- Brochure holder
- Fire exit sign
- Room markers
- Self-standing promotional tool
The possibilities are quite endless as this material can be heated and bent, cut and shaped, or mixed with other materials to create extraordinary effects without you having to spend beyond your budget.
Caring for Your Acrylic Signage
But just because your acrylic signs are situated indoors doesn’t mean they can’t collect dust or get dirty. You will have to regularly take care of them if you want them to continue looking bright and new for a long time.
Below are some simple steps you can take to maintain comely indoor signage.
What Not to Do
- Whatever you do, never use cleaning solutions that contain strong chemical ingredients or any of those kitchen oil cleaners that your mother uses to remove grease from the stove top and kitchen counters.
- Avoid the temptation of using scouring pads to get rid of stubborn dirt or spots on your lobby sign, directional signs, menu boards or nameplates. Scouring pads are way too harsh and can scratch the surface of your signs. Worse, it can grind dirt into your sign and cause to look dull and less shiny.
- While paper towels are convenient to use, they are not soft enough for your acrylic signage. Avoid using them at all cost.
- Steer clear from cleaning solutions that contain fragrances. These chemicals can ruin your plastic signs.
- Do not position your acrylic signs near windows and glass doors or anywhere they can come in direct contact with sunlight. The heat can severely damage your sign’s shape, color, and luster.
What to Do
- Wash your menu boards, nameplates, directional signs, and other indoor signs with clean, lukewarm water.
- If you ever encounter stubborn dirt or spots, use a gentle soap in water to create a cleansing solution and a microfiber wash cloth. Wet the wipe cloth in soapy water before allowing it to touch your sign. Rub gently in a circular motion without applying too much pressure to avoid scratching the surface of your plastic signs.
- Rinse the signs in tepid water and allow to air dry if possible. For big, wall-mounted signs, you can use the wet microfiber washcloth dipped in soapy water to clean tough stains. If it’s impossible to air dry your signs, you can use a dry microfiber cloth to gently pat them dry. Rubbing them dry can scratch the surface and cause them, to look cloudy.
If for some reason, you come across with some really relentless grime, do not hesitate to get in touch with your trusted sign specialist instead of trying to fix the problem on your own. When it comes to signs and graphics Toronto has a plethora of time-tested experts who can assist you with all your signage needs.
So if you are one of the many business owners in the GTA looking to get started on indoor signage or simply looking for a sign company to work with in making an upgrade on your existing signage, check out the top signs and graphics companies in your area. Remember, the best to get started is to do a little research about a few companies before finally committing to one. This way, you can be sure you work only with the choicest team.