Lobby signs are the first impression your visitors receive when they enter your location. It represents your brand/company – is yours sending out the right message? You need to have a high-quality sign that is designed with the message of the company in mind. Here are a few tips to purchase the lobby sign that is best for your business:
- Style – Dimensional letters are the 3-D version of your logo. Dimensional indoor signs can be made of materials like metal, acrylic, PVC or foam. Although thick materials can be cut into custom letters and shapes, you need to select the material that suits your business. A metal sign projects permanence which works well for professional businesses. A colorful set of acrylic letters appears more modern and inviting. Your style needs to appeal to your target customers.
- Budget – With the variety of options available for indoor signs, there are plenty of budget possibilities. Solid metal lettering costs more than letters that have a metallic laminate. Illuminated letters are more expensive than non-lit letters. Custom logos and colours can cost more than the standard colours and fonts.
- Location – It is important to know the type and size of the wall where the lobby sign will be installed. The type of the wall can affect the installation requirements. Some signs are mounted with double sided adhesive, while others need drilling for wall mounting with studs and standoffs
There is a multitude of options when it comes to the choice of material for your lobby sign. Here’s a small list of the most commonly used materials:
- Acrylic – The most popular of these comprise of clear and glossy acrylic logos or backings with printed or cut lettering applied on the face. If you want your lobby sign to stand out, consider adding texture to it with the help of dimensional logos and letters. You can custom select a coloured panel to contrast or compliment the wording. You can also do away with the regular rectangular panel and customize the shape of your backing with routed acrylic panels. You can also use specialty acrylic (textured, frosted or coloured) in various combinations to enhance the look of your lobby’s main feature.
- Foam letters and acrylic face – Foam letters are the most economical option if you want depth in your sign. You can dress up the look of the foam lettering with an acrylic face or add elements that are digitally printed for visual interest.
- Metal laminate – The laminate can be applied to acrylic as well as foam to create a fantastic look for lobbies and conference rooms alike. Laminates are available in a variety of colours as well as brushed brass, soft satin gold or aluminum finish.
- Flat cut acrylic – Contemporary and modern interiors are great for acrylic cut lettering. It is no wonder that 3-D lobby signs are so popular. You can choose from a wide selection of standard colours or go for a custom paint job that matches your brand colours. High-quality acrylic also lasts for a long time. So you might have to clean them eventually. These signs can be washed with a mild detergent and polished with a soft cloth.
Businesses that ignore lobby signs are not making the best impression they could. They forget that their clients are forming opinions of their business from everything they see and hear while in their facility. Take the time and invest the money to design a lobby sign that communicates your business values.